- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Submitting remote pilot licence applications online
On this page
If you're the Chief Remote Pilot for a certified training provider, you can submit remote pilot licence (RePL) applications for your students.
Students must have completed the required training before you can submit their applications.
Before you submit an application you'll need to:
- have or create a myCASA account
- make sure your students have an aviation reference number (ARN) – if not, they'll need to apply for an ARN before you can submit their application.
Follow the steps below to submit a RePL application.
- Step 1 – Choose your organisation
- Step 2 – Create a new application
- Step 3 – Select your aircraft
- Step 4 – Enter student details
- Step 5 – Confirmation
- Step 6 – Deleting a student
- Step 7 – Declaration
- Step 8 – Pay the application fee
- Step 9 – Payment confirmation
- Step 10 – Application confirmation
Step 1 – Choose your organisation
Log into your account. You'll see a list of organisations that are linked to your ARN. See example image below.
Select the organisation related to your application.
Step 2 – Create a new application
You should now see a list of any applications that are currently in progress.
To create a new application, click Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) under the Application heading. See example image below.
Step 3 – Select your aircraft
You'll now need to enter some information about the type of aircraft your student has completed training for. See example image below.
Using the drop-down options choose the:
- category of aircraft
- weight class or capacity of the aircraft
- RPA type.
Make sure you've entered all information correctly, then click Next.
Step 4 – Enter student details
Now it's time to enter your students' details.
- enter your student's first name and ARN
- to add more than one application, click Add applicant (maximum of 10 at a time)
- click Finalise application.
If you want to pause your application, you can click Save and exit to complete it at a later time.
Step 5 – Confirmation
For each application successfully entered, you should receive the notification saying Student added to application.
Step 6 – Deleting a student
If you'd like to delete a student, click Delete to the right of the student's name. You'll be asked to confirm you want to delete them.
Step 7 – Declaration
Once you've selected Finalise application (Step 4), you'll see an application summary.
Your summary will show details for the students you've submitted applications for. It will show you their:
- fee to be paid.
You'll also see a total amount of fees required for all applications.
Read the Declaration and check the box, then click Proceed to payment. You'll be directed to the Westpac payment gateway.
Step 8 – Pay the application fee
The payment gateway screen should look like the example image below.
Enter your credit card holder's:
- card number
- expiry date, and
- verification number (last 3 digits on the back of the card), then click Next.
Step 9 – Payment confirmation
Check you've entered all details correctly, then click Next.
You should then see a payment confirmation screen, like the one below.
You'll then be automatically sent back to myCASA.
Step 10 – Application confirmation
If you've successfully submitted the application and paid all fees, you should receive a confirmation message like the one below.
Your students will also be sent a email to confirm their application has been submitted.
Once we've processed their application, they'll be sent their RePL via email.
If you're having trouble submitting an application, read our help with myCASA system difficulties.