- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Submit a pilot licence application via myCASA
You can now apply for your pilot licence via myCASA. The process is easy if you have met the eligibility requirements.
On this page
To apply for your pilot licence online using myCASA you must:
- have finished your training, exams and flight test
- ensure your examiner has lodged your successful flight test with CASA
- have completed an English Language Proficiency (ELP)
- have an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- not have a Basic Class 2 medical certificate
- have transitioned to Part 61 (by completing 61-9TX) if held a previous flight crew licence (such as a CAR5 licence).
If you do not meet these requirements, you will need to complete a manual application form.
Complete the following steps to apply for your pilot licence via myCASA:
- Log in or create a myCASA account (you may need to link your aviation reference number – have your ID documents handy)
- Review and confirm your flight crew licence application details
- Verify your ASIC
- Consent to us using your ASIC photograph
- Complete a fit and proper person declaration
- Pay for your licence application
Your application will then be processed, and a copy of your licence will be sent to you in the post.
You will receive an on-screen error message if your application fails for any reason. If your application cannot be processed online through myCASA, you will need to complete the manual form.