- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Annual report 2018 to 2019
- Annual report 2019 to 2020
- Corporate plan 2019 to 2020
- Corporate plan 2020 to 2021
- Innovate reconciliation action plan May 2017 to May 2019
- Plain English Guide for Micro and Excluded RPA operations
- Plain English guides for new flight operations regulations
- Stakeholder satisfaction survey 2018
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- Apps and tools
- Industry publications
- Pilot guides and information
Apps and tools
We have developed a range of tools and mobile apps to help you easily access useful information and advice.
Drone safety apps
Flying a drone? Do you know where it's safe to fly? Learn about and see maps of where you can and can't fly your drone by using a Drone safety app.
Can I pack that?
Taking a flight? Are the items in your luggage safe to fly? Learn about potential risks and how to make sure your luggage contents are safe to take on a flight with our Can I pack that? app.
The OnTrack website is no longer available.
Navigation information requires updating to be consistent with the latest aeronautical charts.
The following resources may be useful:
Out-n-Back is a ten-part video series providing tips and advice from experts about keeping you safe and legal in unfamiliar territory. Take an epic 6000km Visual Flight Rules flight through some of Queensland's most isolated locations and see a 'pilot's seat view' of these incredible landscapes.
As well as capturing some of Queensland’s most isolated locations, the series explores key safety topics including:
- fuel management
- flight planning
- and navigation over featureless terrain.
Each video has key safety tips, articles and links to safety information.
The information contained in Out-n-Back was correct at the time of publishing, and is subject to change without notice. CASA makes no representation as to its accuracy. It has been prepared by CASA Safety Promotion for information purposes only.
Plan your route thoroughly, and carry current charts and documents. Always check ERSA, NOTAMs, and the weather, before you fly.
© 2017 Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Last modified: 26 August 2020