- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Part 66 TWG - Maintenance engineer licensing reform
The Part 66 Technical Working Group (TWG):
- met in Canberra on 4 to 6 April 2018
- reconvened in Canberra on 29 to 30 January 2020.
The role of the TWG is to:
- provide industry sector insight and understanding of current needs and challenges
- review the draft CASR Part 66 and Part 66 Manual of Standards (MOS)
- assist with the development of draft regulations, guidance materials and other supporting materials.
The Part 66 TWG members include:
- Keith Blaik
- Mary Brown
- Wayne Davey
- Ted Goetz
- Mike Higgins
- David Moffat
- Alex Parpaiola
- Stephen Re
- Jared Smith
- Mark Thompson
- Rod Tomlins
- Steven Wright
Report and outcomes
The TWG reports are provided to the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) for review and their endorsement:
- First Part 66 TWG report (pdf 889.98 KB) - outcomes and comments from the first meeting held 4 to 6 April 2018
- Second Part 66 TWG report (pdf 1.2 MB) - outcomes and comments from the second meeting held 29 to 30 January 2020.
Read more information on CASR Part 66.