- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Part 61, Part 141 and Part 142 TWG – Flight crew licensing
The Flight Crew Licensing Technical Working Group (TWG):
- met in Melbourne on 4 to 5 December 2019.
- reconvened in Brisbane on 3 to 4 March 2020 to continue discussion on identified issues and solutions.
The role of the TWG is to:
- provide industry sector insight and understanding of current needs and challenges
- identify current safety concerns associated with CASR Parts 61, 141 and 142
- identify current problem areas associated with CASR Parts 61, 141 and 142 that are causing cost and/or administrative impost without demonstrable safety benefit
- provide current, relevant technical expertise for the development, analysis and review of legislative and non-legislative solutions to the identified issues.
The Flight Crew Licensing TWG members include:
- Max Boland
- James Boland
- David Chitty
- Terry Fentiman
- Tim Holland
- Phil Hurst
- Maddy Johnson
- Shane Lawrey
- Rodney Manning
- Kevin McMurtrie
- Kerry Nolan
- Pine Pienaar
- Myles Tomkins
- Ben Wyndham
Report and outcomes
The TWG reports are provided to the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) for review and their endorsement:
- ASAP Technical Working Group - Tasking Instructions and First Report (pdf 1.03 MB) – outcomes and comments from the first meeting held 4 to 5 December 2019.