Public consultation on proposed amendments to drone regulations closes on 18 November 2021.
Don’t miss your chance to have your say on proposed minor amendments to drone registration and operator accreditation regulations.
The proposed amendments, include:
- changing the date of recreational drone registration and operator accreditation from 1 March 2022 to 1 July 2022
- aligning the registration term for recreational drones to the same 12-month registration period as commercial drones
- reinforcing that a person cannot sit the operator accreditation quiz, or hold an operator accreditation, until they are at least 16 years old
- changing the transitional registration incentive period to follow the new commencement date
- removing the requirement to register certain aircraft.
To have your say, visit the CASA Consultation Hub before submissions close 18 November 2021.