- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page8 September 2020
Get ready for drone registration and operator accreditation
Registration and operator accreditation for drone, or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA), flown for commercial use, research, training and community service (anything other than sport or recreation) will:
- open on 30 September 2020
- be required by 28 January 2021.
There are some simple things you can do now to get ready!
1. Get an aviation reference number (ARN)
- You will be able to register your drone personally, using an individual ARN
- If you want to register a drone under your business name or authorise other people to register and manage drones on behalf of your business, your business will need to have an organisation ARN (you will need an individual ARN to apply).
- Link or apply for an ARN via your myCASA account – it’s easy and free.
2. Create a myCASA account
- Drone registration and operator accreditation will be completed via myCASA – our online services portal.
- If you haven’t already got an account – create one today
3. Verify your identity
- When you apply for an ARN, you must verify your identity.
- If you already have an ARN but are using myCASA for the first time, you may be required to verify your identity when you link your ARN to your myCASA account – you can do this now, to save time later.
4. Nominate an Authorised Representative
- If your business has an organisation ARN, you can nominate another individual or yourself to be an authorised representative/s to act on behalf of your business.
- You may want to consider this if you need to register a fleet of drones or simply want to delegate access to your organisation’s account to key staff across your business (e.g. someone other than the owner, CEO, Director or chief remote pilot).
- The authorised representative/s will need to have an individual ARN and a myCASA account.
- If you cannot view your organisation details in myCASA, you will need to call us on 131 757.
5. Have your say
- We’ve published details of the proposed charges for drone services.
- To have your say on this, visit the CASA Consultation Hub. Submissions close on 13 September 2020
- We’re also consulting on amendments to the Part 101 (Unmanned Aircraft and Rockets) Manual of Standards
- To have your say on this, visit the CASA Consultation Hub. Submissions close on 23 September 2020.