- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Biennial survey: CASA's relationship with the aviation community
In November 2015, CASA conducted its first biennial survey on the health of its relationship with the aviation community. This survey was conducted in response to the Australian Government’s acceptance of an Aviation Safety Regulation Review recommendation.
Market researchers Colmar Brunton were engaged by CASA to develop and deliver the Measuring our Performance survey and provide a research report outlining the findings.
The consultancy consisted of two parts including qualitative market research and a survey. As a result of the qualitative research component, six key indicators were used to measure the aviation community’s satisfaction levels with CASA. These key indicators were:
- satisfaction with the way CASA performs its audit and compliance activities
- satisfaction with relationship with CASA
- satisfaction with CASA's service delivery
- satisfaction with CASA's ongoing dialogue with industry
- satisfaction with the consistency of decision making
- satisfaction with CASA's development of aviation safety regulations.
In August 2016, CASA's Director of Aviation Safety/CEO approved an action plan to address the findings. The action plan includes initiatives that were already underway before the report was finalised, and also identifies new initiatives that are required to improve CASA’s relationship with the aviation community over time.
The next survey will be conducted in February/March 2018.