Licensing procedures for aircraft maintenance engineers
This manual covers procedures for issuing, changing and renewing Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) licences and Airworthiness Authorities. Aircraft maintenance engineers maintain and service aircraft, their systems and engines.
Note: Chapter 7 is currently being revised. A complete manual isn't available . Please contact the Section Head, Maintenance Personnel Licensing on 131 757 for more information.
1. Overview of AME licensing
2. Legislation governing AME licensing
3. Approving examination centres/persons to conduct AME exams
4. Processing examinations
5. Preparing examination papers
6. Approving specific type aircraft training course, CAR 214 training programs and training quality control procedures
7. Granting AME licences
8. Recognising other qualifications
9. Issuing Airworthiness Authorities
11. Administrative procedures
13. Sample documents