Payment of fees frequently asked questions
Paying for fixed fees
You can pay for a flight crew or maintenance licence, aircraft registration, AVID, ASIC and other fees online by Visa or MasterCard. Find out more about our cost recovery system.
Payments for medical certificates are now made using the new medical records system, MRS. You cannot pay for your medical using the button on this page. More information about how to do this is available on the Aviation Medicine Payment and processing page.
Fee payment options
Online payment facility - selected services
The online payment facility offers a secure and convenient way to pay your fees by credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard. The online payment facility works best on current versions of the following browsers:
- Internet explorer
To make a payment you will need to complete the appropriate application form for the services listed before you begin. Please refer to the payment page of the application form to help you process your payment online and to make sure you pay for all regulatory services that are part of your application.
It can take up to 48 hours for your payment to be processed. We won't assess your application until the funds have been cleared.
How to make a payment
- Select the service from the drop-down list and click the add button. A line will appear below to allow you to select the specific regulatory service within that category. The chosen category of service will display as a header line.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the service field and select the regulatory service you are paying for. The fee code and unit price will be displayed.
- Where you can select more than one quantity of the service, such as paying for ratings to be added to multiple categories on a maintenance licence, or purchasing multiple licence wallets, select the quantity from the drop-down list.
- Enter the aviation reference number (ARN) and name of the applicant for the regulatory service. For an organisation, enter the name of the organisation associated with that ARN in the ARN’s family name column. You'll need to confirm the ARN by entering it again in the please confirm ARN field. You can find more information in our ARN frequently asked questions, including how to find out if you have an ARN.
- If you wish to pay for another regulatory service in the same service category, click the add button. A new line will be added. Select your option from the drop-down list in the service field and enter the ARN and name details.
- You can pay for regulatory services for other ARN holders by entering their ARN and name details.
- If you wish to pay for another regulatory service in a different service category, click the drop-down arrow in the please select a service category field, select your option, then click the add button. Another line will appear below under a header for the new category.
- If you wish to delete a line, click the remove button next to that line.
- If you wish to start again, click the reset button.
- Click on the next button to proceed to the confirmation page. Confirm the details of your payment, after making sure all details are correct, including the ARNs and names, before proceeding to process the payment.
- When a successful payment has been completed, a receipt will automatically be emailed to the email address entered on the payment page. You can also print the receipt. You must attach a copy of the receipt to your application before sending to CASA.
You can send the receipt to up to five other email addresses by entering the email address in the field on the online payment receipt page.
Paying your fees - email, fax or post
If you are not able to pay using the online payment facility you can provide credit card details on the payment authorisation page on your application. Please make sure you include all your card details or your application will be returned.
Incomplete applications will be returned. For more information on what happens if you've already paid the fee, read the information on the incomplete applications page.