- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Changing your details
We have contact details for everyone who has an aviation reference number (ARN). We use your details so we can keep you up-to-date with legislation changes and other important information. If your contact details have changed, please update them in one of the following ways.
You can use your CASA self service account to update your details. If you haven't got a self service account, you can sign up. You can also email email@example.com or write to us. Written correspondence must be signed and dated and include your ARN, full name, date of birth, current address, new address and any other updated contact details.
GPO Box 2005
Canberra ACT 2601
- If you have an air operator certificate or certificates of approval, you should also email firstname.lastname@example.org with your new contact details.
- If you're a registration holder or registered operator of an aircraft, you should also email AircraftRegistration@casa.gov.au with your new contact details.
- If yours is a name change, you must notify us in writing. You can't use your self service account to make this change.
- You can change your details by completing the online change of address form, or you can let us know by email or mail.
- If you hold an air operator certificate or certificates of approval in the organisation’s name, you should also email email@example.com.
- If you are a registration holder or registered operator of an aircraft in the organisation’s name, you should also email AircraftRegistration@casa.gov.au.
- Organisations can also notify CASA in writing by mail to, CLARC, CASA, GPO Box 2005, Canberra ACT 2601. Written correspondence must be signed and dated and include your ARN, full name, date of birth, current address, new address and other updated contact details.
Changing your name
If you're an individual and are changing your name or the spelling of your name that's recorded on your ARN, you'll need to let us know in writing and supply supporting documentation. You can't use your self service account to make this change.
Following is a brief guide in relation to CASA's requirements - for further detail please ring CLARC on 131 757.
- If you believe we've recorded your name incorrectly, please forward a copy of your passport or birth certificate along with a covering letter. Please include details of any licences and certificates which may require reissue.
- If you've changed your name, you'll need to provide evidence that the change has been registered. This will depend on where, when and how your name was changed, but it's likely that you'll need to supply a registration certificate issued by a state government body.
You can contact the our Licensing and Registration Centre (CLARC) on 131 757 to find out more.
Organisations who need to advise us of a change of name should call the CASA Service Centre on 131 757.
Aircraft registration holders
- If you're an aircraft registration holder or registered operator you can change your personal details using your self service account.
- Form 030 should be used by the registration holder to notify the Australian Civil Aircraft Register under CASR 47.115 of a change in aircraft details.
- Use form 032 to let us know about an appointment or cancellation of a registered operator under CASR Part 47, rather than just a change to a name or address.
- Use form 027 to transfer ownership.
- The civil aircraft register will issue a new certificate of registration as required by relevant changes.
Email mailing lists
You'll need to change any email alerts separately by following the link to your preferences page provided in every notification sent to you. If you haven't got that link, you can also request a new one or subscribe or unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the links below:
If you need to tell us about the death of a person on our records, please call CLARC on 131 757. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number and we'll contact you.