- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online tools and apps
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Certificate of approval
A certificate of approval (COA) is granted under Regulation 30 of the Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR) to provide maintenance services for registered aircraft and/or aeronautical products not operated in regular public transport.
What do you want to do?
- Apply for an initial certificate or vary your existing certificate
- Renew your existing certificate
- Replace a lost or damaged certificate.
If you don’t know whether you need an operator’s certificate, please contact the Permissions Issue Team on 136 773 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate of approval manual and handbook
The manual includes the national standard procedure for processing a COA application. The handbook outlines the criteria and methods we use to assess a certificate of approval.
Understanding the regulations
The following documents outline the requirements for compliance with the regulations.
- Civil Aviation Act 1988
- Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR)
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR)
- Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs)
- Civil Aviation (Fees) Regulations 1995
- Advisory Circulars (ACs)
- If you have questions about applying, varying, renewing or replacing a Certificate of Approval contact the Permissions Issue Team on 136 773 or by email at email@example.com.
- For applications relating to the design of aircraft, aircraft components and materials contact the airworthiness and engineering branch
- For applications relating to the training of candidates for certain examinations and the conduct of examinations contact maintenance personnel licensing
- For applications relating to the manufacture of aircraft, aircraft components and aircraft materials contact the manufacturing section in operations.
- For any questions relating to Part 145 and 42, please read the information on the maintenance regulations pages.