- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Certificate of approval
A certificate of approval (COA) is granted under Regulation 30 of the Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR) to provide maintenance services for registered aircraft and/or aeronautical products not operated in regular public transport.
What do you want to do?
- Apply for an initial certificate
- Vary your existing certificate
- Renew your existing certificate
- Replace a lost or damaged certificate
If you don’t know whether you need an operator’s certificate, please contact the Permissions Issue Team on 136 773 or by email at email@example.com.
Certificate of approval manual and handbook
The manual includes the national standard procedure for processing a COA application.
Understanding the regulations
The following documents outline the requirements for compliance with the regulations.
- Civil Aviation Act 1988
- Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR)
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR)
- Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs)
- Civil Aviation (Fees) Regulations 1995
- Advisory Circulars (ACs)
If you have questions or require assistance contact the Permissions Issue Team on 136 773 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.