- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Approved Design Organisations (Subpart 21.J)
Develop and submit your manuals online with the Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool (MAAT) now containing templates for the 21.J exposition and design assurance system manual.
List of CASR 21.J approved design organisations
Understand the changes
Approved design organisations (ADOs) may be granted privileges to carry out various design activities, including approval and certification powers, under Part 21 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
New rules for Approved Design Organisations (ADO) commenced on 1 March 2014. The full rules are contained in Subpart 21.J of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
The new rules - known as Subpart 21J - are designed to modernise the regulations and align with other leading aviation nations.
- Find out more about the new rules in the Information sheet.
- How to apply to become an Approved Design Organisation, have approval re-issued, or change your Approved Design Organisation Exposition and Design Assurance System Manual.
- Application form for grant or re-issue of approval as an Approved Design Organisation.
- Other 21.J forms to assist in developing your application.
- Advisory Circular - information to help you understand the regulatory requirements.
- Sample exposition - Approved Design Organisation Exposition (ADOE)
- Sample Design Assurance System Manual (DASM)
- Use the templates in the Manual Authoring and Assessment Tool (MAAT) to develop and submit your exposition and design assurance assistance manual online.
- Information booklet for Approved Design Organisations - includes information sheet, regulations, advisory circular, sample exposition and design assurance system manual, training slides, and forms.
- What is an exposition?
Background information on Subpart 21.J including consultation history.