- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Incomplete applications may be returned
As an applicant, you can help get your licence, certificate or registration issued as quickly as possible by making sure your application forms are completed correctly, the correct fees have been paid online or payment details are attached to the application form and your contact details are up to date.
Where a payment has been made online, the receipt needs to be attached to the application form and submitted to CASA.
Where payment online has not been made, a credit card payment will be processed by CASA on receipt before the initial review of the application. If a credit card payment cannot be processed, for example the credit card number is not correct, or there are insufficient funds, the applicant will be contacted by phone and email to address the issue. If the applicant does not contact CASA within the required timeframe (noon, two business days from the date of contact), the application will be returned.
As the fee is for processing and consideration of the application, a full assessment of the application will be completed, within the limitations of the documentation submitted to CASA. If the application is not complete, then the permission will not be able to be issued at this time.
A complete application means:
- All mandatory fields have been completed
- All signatures are included
- Additional documentation, required to be submitted with the application, is attached
- A copy of the receipt for an online payment is attached or payment details have been provided to enable CASA to process a payment.
If there are issue(s) with the application, such as additional documents are not present, insufficient information, sections of the form are not completed, signatures are missing, then the assessment will result in the application being considered incomplete. A letter detailing the issue(s) with the application will be sent to you. You should note the following important points:
- You will be given a timeframe in which to address all the issues outlined in the letter and resubmit an acceptable application. If there are regulatory timeframes for lodging an application (such as a transfer of registration of an aircraft), then these still apply.
- The payment for the application will be held for this period.
- If an acceptable, complete application has not been received within this time period, the permission will not be issued and all subsequent applications will need to be paid for in full.
- If you resubmit the application by the due date and the application is still found to be incomplete, the permission will not be issued and any subsequent application will need to be paid for in full.
- Where an application is submitted that is an incorrect application form, and it is determined a full assessment cannot commence, a refund will be made minus an administration fee (a refund will not be made if the payment was less than $65).
On assessment of a complete application, non-compliance with legislative requirements may be identified. This will result in your application being refused. Any further application for this permission will incur a further fee.
Please ensure you meet all legislative requirements before submitting your application.
In the case of an application for a medical certificate, incomplete examination reports may be returned to the DAME.
By reducing the time spent on incomplete forms or asking for fees to be paid, the Client Services Centre will be able to process correct applications much faster.
CASA is committed to improving its service efficiency to keep costs down. CASA is asking industry participants to play their part by ensuring applications are complete and the relevant fee is paid to CASA.