- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Changing your name
If you hold a licence or permission with CASA you must tell us when you legally change your name.
You will need to provide us with a certified true copy of your name change document and a signed statutory declaration. A name change document may be:
- a re-issued birth certificate including the section that lists any previous names
- Certificate of Name Change
- marriage certificate
- any other document, as agreed to by CASA (we recognise that some countries do not issue certificates of name change).
How to tell us
If you notify us of your name change when you apply for a licence or other qualification:
- attach the certified true copy of your name change document and Statutory declaration to the application
- write your previous name/s on the application form. If there is insufficient space in the previous name field of any CASA form please provide this information on a covering letter.
If you change your name, you must have your medical certificate, ASIC, AVID, flight crew licence and/or aircraft registration documentation reissued. There are fees associated with the reissue of all these documents, except aircraft registration related documents.