- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Organisation aviation reference number frequently asked questions
- Why do I need an organisation ARN?
Organisations or businesses need an ARN to hold any permissions or authorisations with CASA. An ARN is similar to a customer number with CASA.
- Who can apply through myCASA for an organisation ARN?
Only companies that are legal entities can have an ARN. This includes companies, statutory authorities, government entities, sole traders, co-operatives and incorporated companies or associations. ARNs are not issued to business names, consortiums or partnerships, funds, strata titles and deceased estates. International organisations (business or government bodies) must complete the manual form. Organisations set up as trusts should contact us on 131 757 to discuss.
- What do I need to apply for an organisation ARN?
You will need your business ABN, your individual ARN and a myCASA account.
- I don’t want to apply online, can I use the form?
Yes. Note that a paper based form will take up to five business days to process, whereas in most cases an online application will occur automatically.
- I can’t apply online, how long will a manual organisation ARN application take?
It will take up to five working days to process.
- Why isn’t my business eligible for an ARN?
Your organisation needs to be a legal entity in order to be eligible for an ARN. Business names, consortiums and partnerships are not considered a legal entity and are therefore not eligible for an ARN. Trusts may or may not be a legal entity and should contact us for advice by phoning 131 757.