What pilots / controllers should know and do when a CASA audit is required for medical certificates
Where a medical certificate states a CASA audit is required you should:
- Understand that 'CASA audit required' does not limit the privileges of your medical certificate
- Note the specified information which is needed by CASA at specified times.
- Keep letters or emails from CASA that tell you what medical tests / reports are needed and when.
- Make sure you understand any other conditions on your medical certificate.
- Monitor your compliance with the conditions of your medical certificate.
If regular monthly/quarterly requirements are stipulated in your audit, please ensure that the appointments required for these reports are made in advance to prevent any delays. Failure to provide regular testing may affect the validity of your medical certificate.
Please ensure that specialist appointments are made or reports are available before your medical examination takes place. Providing the required reporting with your medical can prevent delays in assessment, as CASA cannot finalise your medical assessment without the required reports.
Note: Information about significant medical conditions may be found in CASA’s DAME Clinical Practice Guidelines.