Go to top of page
Quick tips for MRS
- User guides for MRS can be found here.
- MRS is best accessed in CHROME.
- Please ensure your cookies are enabled as this will impact you when trying to log into MRS.
- To login to MRS you need to enter your full name, including middle name, date of birth and ARN.
Pilots and ATCS
- Once you start an application, you need to enter and submit your complete medical history in MRS before you see a DAME. Unless you complete this step the DAME will not be able to start the examination.
- Don't worry if you make a mistake on your application or you are unsure of an answer. Your DAME can amend the record to reflect the right information during your examination.
- Payments are now made in MRS. Payments for aviation medicals cannot be made in the CASA payment portal.
- Payment for Class 1 and Class 3 medicals must be made in MRS by the applicant before the application is submitted to the DAME.
- Applicants must pay the processing fee for Class 2 medicals at the time of their medical examination; otherwise the DAME will not be able to submit the medical to CASA to be assessed. DAME2 examinations are the only exception. A DAME2 can issue the medical certificate directly to the applicant if all standards are met. This means payment of the CASA processing fee is not required. ,
- If payment for a Class 2 medical is not made at the time of the examination, the DAME will not be able to submit the application to CASA and this may delay the issuing of the medical certificate.
Quick tips for DAMEs, COs, DAOs, nurses and receptionists
- It is important that DAMEs facilitate the applicant for a Class 2 certificate to complete the payment of the CASA processing fee; otherwise the DAME will be unable to submit the application to CASA after completing the medical which can cause unnecessary delays in the medical certification process.
- The applicant is paying the processing fee using the secure payment portal accessed from MRS. DAMEs are not taking payment on behalf of CASA or retaining credit card or receipt information.
- Where this is not possible, receptionists who have access to MRS can facilitate the applicant payment and the same time as processing the payment for the medical examination. It is also possible for the DAME to facilitate the payment by allowing the pilot to enter their credit card details during the examination time.
- Common SNOMED codes are available here. The codes are for diagnoses, not treatments.
- DAMEs no longer need to add a zero in front of their ARN as some DAMEs had to do in the old MRS.
- If you are a nurse or receptionist that has an ARN but has not contacted CASA to set-up a role in MRS, please contact us at email@example.com
- If you are a nurse or receptionist with no ARN, please consider requesting one so that you can access MRS and facilitate a smooth medical application process.
- When the applicant for a medical certificate calls to make an appointment with the DAME, receptionists should check that the patient has entered their medical information into MRS. If they have not, if the DAME is prepared to complete the applicant questionnaire on their behalf, then you will need to allow for extra time for the appointment. Otherwise advise the patient they must complete the questionnaire before attending the appointment.
- If the patient has completed the questionnaire, check they have submitted the Applicant History to the examiner. Receptionists with access to MRS can quickly do this by:
- Asking the patient for their aviation reference number (ARN).
- In MRS, entering the ARN in the ‘find applicant’ field. If the status says ‘Applicant submitted history’, then book a standard DAME appointment.
- the status of ‘with applicant’ appears, advise the patient to submit their applicant history before they attend their appointment. To do this the patient will need to return to the automated CASA email they received when they first began their application and click on the link. The patient then needs to click the ‘Submit Medical History’ button.