- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
3.1 Powers under the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations
The Civil Aviation Safety regulations (CASR) confer the following powers on DAMEs:
- Extension of the period in force of a current medical certificate (which must not be longer than two months, see CASR 67.220 (4)), unless it bears the condition 'Renew by CASA only'. Refer CASR 67.210.
- Renewal of the validity of a medical certificate that expired within three months of the examination, unless it bears the condition 'Renew by CASA only'. Refer CASR 67.225.
- Direction of an applicant for medical certification to provide or to authorise release by other parties of any information necessary to determine whether the applicant meets the required medical standard for certification. Refer CASR 67.225(3).
- Certification of continuing fitness for duty of pregnant air traffic control staff during late pregnancy. Refer CASR 67.235(2).
Certification of return of fitness to exercise privileges of a licence in a medical certificate holder who has been affected by a medically significant condition for a prescribed period. Refer CASR 67.265(4) and 67.270(3).
We value your feedback.