To register your drone, you will need:
- to be at least 16 years old
- a myCASA account
- proof of identification – Australian passport, Australian birth certificate, Australian citizenship certificate, foreign passport or ImmiCard
- an aviation reference number (ARN) – you can apply online, via your myCASA account
- make, model, serial number, weight and type of drone
- Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card.
Some drones won’t need to be registered. This applies if:
- you’re flying your drone exclusively indoors
- you don’t intend to fly your drone
- your drone weighs 250 g or less (and it’s not being flown for or at work).
Remember, you don't need to do anything now. Subscribe for the latest news and we'll let you know when registration begins.