About the campaign
Know Your Drone is a national drone safety education campaign by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority. It challenges recreational drone flyers on their perceived knowledge of the safety rules, encouraging them to take a quiz to test their knowledge and find out more.
The campaign is led by a 30-second feature video that depicts two large plinths in an outdoor setting – one that says ‘TRUE’ and the other ‘FALSE’. As questions about the drone safety rules are asked over a loudspeaker, drone flyers select an answer by flying their drone over the appropriate plinth.
Advertising targets people with varied drone flying experience, including current and emerging drone operators, different age groups, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds such as Arabic, Vietnamese, Korean, Mandarin and Cantonese.
The campaign features a range of digital advertising that is appearing online and across social media channels, as well as catch up TV, podcasts and streaming services. The campaign will run until mid-June 2020.
Translated video advertisements
- Know your drone: flying over people rule (Arabic)
- Know your drone: one drone at a time rule (Arabic)
- Know your drone: emergency operations rule (Cantonese)
- Know your drone: 30 metre rule (Cantonese)
- Know your drone: airport rule (Korean)
- Know your drone: emergency operations rule (Korean)
- Know your drone: emergency operations rule (Mandarin)
- Know your drone: 30 metre rule (Mandarin)
- Know your drone: airport rule (Vietnamese)
- Know your drone: line-of-sight rule (Vietnamese)