Public consultation on proposed amendments to remotely piloted aircraft (drone) regulations is now open.
The proposed amendments will benefit industry, reducing complexities and regulatory burden by:
- automating low risk applications and authorisations
- directly supporting innovative operations, such as research, development and testing; through increased flexibility to assess and approve novel operations and technological advancement
- deregulating indoor (enclosed) operations
- accurate data points for the measurement of 3NM from controlled aerodromes in CASA-verified drone safety apps
- allowing greater operational flexibility through streamlined processes and definitional clarity
- introducing simplified testing and drug and alcohol management plans for certified operators to improve safety outcomes.
To have your say, visit the CASA Consultation Hub. Submissions close on Monday 7 February 2022.