- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Stephen Guerin Scholarship
We are offering a scholarship to aspiring professional pilots in South Australia in honour of our colleague Stephen Guerin who lost his life whilst undertaking his role as a Flight Operations Inspector in the pursuit of aviation safety in May 2017.
We will provide one scholarship per year over a period of three years commencing in July 2018 to an individual who meets the selection criteria and can demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest of personal and professional standards. Each scholarship will be to the value of $15,000 (plus GST).
Applications for the 2018 scholarship closed on 29 June 2018. Scholarships for 2019 will open in June 2019.
- Should have completed, or be in the process of completing an Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or higher
- Be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residency
- A resident of South Australia
- Must be able to meet medical standards appropriate to licence or rating sought
- The Civil Aviation Safety Authority will provide financial sponsorship towards the achievement of a CASR Part 61 licence or rating conducted by a Part 141 or 142 approved training organisation.
- All scholarships will be available for 12 months from the date of the award. Any scholarship item(s) not completed within the 12 month period will lapse.
- The scholarship is personal to the recipient and cannot therefore be transferred to another, or redeemed for cash or kind.
- In the event of an inability to meet the requirements for the issue of a licence or rating the scholarship will be deemed terminated.
- CASA will not be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs required by the scholarship recipients.
- The candidate will be required to submit invoices for reimbursement or direct payment by CASA.
The scholarship organisers
- All applications will be assessed by a panel comprising of CASA senior management, Stephen’s work colleagues and an independent industry representative.
- The decision of the panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CASA will not extend the validity period of the scholarship.
- CASA reserves the right not to present the scholarship if, in the judgement of the selection panel, none of the applicants meet the selection criteria.