- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Stephen Guerin Scholarship
We are offering a scholarship to aspiring professional pilots in South Australia in honour of our colleague Stephen Guerin who lost his life whilst undertaking his role as a Flight Operations Inspector in the pursuit of aviation safety in May 2017.
We will provide one scholarship per year over a period of three years commencing in July 2018 to an individual who meets the selection criteria and can demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest of personal and professional standards. Each scholarship will be to the value of $15,000 (plus GST).
Applications for the 2018 scholarship will close at 5pm central standard time on 29 June 2018 and must be lodged via the application form. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to attend an interview in Adelaide during July.
Further details can be found below or by contacting Terry Horsam on 131 757.
- Should have completed, or be in the process of completing an Australian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) or higher
- Be an Australian Citizen or have permanent residency
- A resident of South Australia
- Must be able to meet medical standards appropriate to licence or rating sought
- The Civil Aviation Safety Authority will provide financial sponsorship towards the achievement of a CASR Part 61 licence or rating conducted by a Part 141 or 142 approved training organisation.
- All scholarships will be available for 12 months from the date of the award. Any scholarship item(s) not completed within the 12 month period will lapse.
- The scholarship is personal to the recipient and cannot therefore be transferred to another, or redeemed for cash or kind.
- In the event of an inability to meet the requirements for the issue of a licence or rating the scholarship will be deemed terminated.
- CASA will not be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs required by the scholarship recipients.
- The candidate will be required to submit invoices for reimbursement or direct payment by CASA.
The scholarship organisers
- All applications will be assessed by a panel comprising of CASA senior management, Stephen’s work colleagues and an independent industry representative.
- The decision of the panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- CASA will not extend the validity period of the scholarship.
- CASA reserves the right not to present the scholarship if, in the judgement of the selection panel, none of the applicants meet the selection criteria.