- Aviation safety advisors
- eLearning catalogue
- Seminars and workshops
- Sponsorship and grants
We have a series of eLearning modules about vital aviation safety topics that you can access using our safety learning platform - AviationWorx.
You will need to create an account if you are a first time user. You can find instruction’s on the AviationWorx page.
Each module will take between 10-15 minutes. You can exit or re-enter partially completed modules at any time.
Remotely piloted aircraft
The remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) module is aimed at all operators wanting to fly an RPA (drone) recreationally or commercially in Australia. Whether you are flying for fun or for business and research purposes, this module will help you understand which safety rules to follow and guide you through the various weight categories of RPA.
The ageing aircraft module is aimed at registered operators and owners. This module will help will you understand how to identify issues surrounding the safe operation and management of ageing aircraft.
Human factors in sport, recreation and general aviation
These modules aim to help you understand the role of human behaviour in flying safely.
- Module 1: Introduction to human factors in sport, recreation and general aviation
- Module 2: Information processing—the human factor
- Module 3: Are you fit to fly? Age, stress, fatigue and drugs
- Module 4: What’s really going on? Situational awareness and decision making
Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Regulations
The PBN Regulations eLearning module doesn’t replace the formal training pilots need to have, but it provides a useful overview of the requirements of their on-board navigation equipment and the navigation specifications that must be included in their flight plans. It is important for pilots to complete the flight plan correctly as air traffic control clearances are provided consistent with these capabilities.
Pilot examination office
There are three eLearning modules about the pilot examination office (PEXO). They include some exercises and a simple test at the end. You can access these using the AviationWorx system.
You will need adobe flash player version 10 or higher for these modules - install Adobe Flash Player.
DAMP Awareness for SSAA Employees
This module is about Part 99 of CASR and can be used as part of a DAMP organisation’s drug and alcohol education program for SSAA employees and contractors.
This module is for DAMP supervisors and includes practical information and tools.
You can access these using the AviationWorx system.
We can only offer limited technical assistance with the eLearning modules. We can’t help you with individual computer problems.
If you are experiencing problems with your computer, please read through this check list first, and contact your local computer technician if you need further technical help.
How you can access the training modules
To access these modules you will need:
- a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels
- a standard TrueColor VGA monitor
- a common internet browser such as Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari which is no more than three years old
- a dial-up or broadband internet connection
- Adobe Flash player
- a moderately powerful PC using Windows 2000/XP (or later) running at least 512Mb of RAM.
If you have trouble accessing the modules, you might have:
- a slow or intermittent (i.e. wireless or mobile) internet connection
- a CPU with little ram (256 MB) running a modern operating system like Windows 2000/XP
- a computer with little or no hard disk space remaining
- an old computer with a very polluted registry from too many years of installing and running software
- an outdated browser.