- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
On-site visits (OSVs)
What to expect
Your local ASA aims to conduct an on-site visit (OSV) of your organisation or area at least once a year. The ASA is available to provide personalised assistance with aviation safety issues that may be affecting your organisation, including:
- requirements in transitioning to the new regulations such as Part 141 or 142
- setting up a Safety Management System
- understanding administration of your organisation’s regulatory requirements
- topical issues.
ASA’s will conduct the OSV either as a pre-arranged meeting or a ‘meet-and-greet’ opportunity. You may wish to pre-arrange an agenda to cover a range of topics that are of interest to your organisation. Most likely, the ASA may contact you directly if they are visiting your area. As a minimum, ASAs will attempt to phone or email AOC holders approximately every six months.
On-site visits usually last between 30 minutes to an hour, with follow-up appointments encouraged on a regular basis.
Meet the team and book in an OSV.