Part 176 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations (CASR) will set out the requirements for providing aerodrome and fire fighting services (ARFFS). It will put in place a safety framework, set minimum service standards, and outline:
- when an ARFFS service is required (establishment or disestablishment)
- provision of ARFFS outside of the criteria
- arrangements with state or territory fire brigades and other third party providers
- quality control
- personnel recruitment
- training establishments
- applicant organisations.
Who it affects
Part 176 affects:
- ARFFS providers (including Airservices Australia)
- aircraft operators
- prospective ARFFS providers
- prospective ARFFS training providers
- aerodrome operators
- federal, territory, state and local government agencies.