- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
ASAP meeting outcomes and minutes - 27 February 2020
The Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) held its 10th meeting in Brisbane.
The main outcomes from the meeting were:
- Emerging matters and risks in the RPAS sector: The Panel discussed the possibility of providing the DAS with considered advice on the emerging regulatory and safety challenges associated with the integration of RPAS and traditional aviation. The Panel requested further information and recommendations from the sector.
- Part 66 TWG: The Panel were presented with the Part 66 TWG report from their meeting on 29-30 January 2020. The ASAP endorsed the TWG's report and their recommendations. Given the relevance of CASR Part 66 to Part 147, the Panel also discussed the potential to establish a Part 147 TWG.
- CASA's use of safety data analytics: CASA gave a presentation to the Panel on its use of safety data analytics.
- Part 137 TWG:The ASAP agreed to establish a TWG to work through amendments to CASR Part 137 – aerial application operations.
- Flying operations regulations: The Panel were informed of the DAS's decision to change the commencement date of the flight operations regulations to 2 December 2021. This forms part of CASA's commitment to the ASAP to ensure that industry is afforded 12 months to prepare for implementation. The Panel also discussed the development progress of the Part 121 and Part 138 Manuals of Standards (MOS).
More detail is provided in the ASAP meeting notes - 27 February 2020 (pdf 296.72 KB).
The next ASAP meeting was held on 11 June 2020 via video conference.