- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
100 point identification
You must provide a total of 100 points identification to be able to apply for, and receive, an individual Aviation Reference Number (ARN).
Different types of identity documents are worth different points. You can use different combinations of documents to make up your 100 points.
This must be provided for all ARN applications, regardless of age. If your ID cannot be automatically verified through the ARN application portal, you will need to upload certified copies of your documentation. More about who can certify documents.
You must provide at least ONE of the following (primary) documents. Foreign documents must be accompanied by an official translation.
- Foreign Passport (current)
- Australian Passport (current or expired last 2 years, but not cancelled)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Full Birth Certificate (not extract)
- Certificate of Identity issued by the Australian Government to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
- Australian Drivers Licence/Learner’s Permit
- Current (Australian) Tertiary Student Identification Card
- Photo identification card issued for Australian regulatory purposes (for example Aviation/Maritime Security identification, security industry)
- Government employee ID (Australian Federal/State/Territory)
- Defence Force Identity Card (with photo or signature)
You must also provide one or more secondary documents.
- Medicare Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) card
- Centrelink card (with reference number)
- Birth Certificate Extract
- Birth card (NSW BDM only)
- Credit card or account card
- Australian Marriage Certificate (Registry issue only)
- Australian Divorce Certificate (Registry issue only)
- Change of name certificate (Registry issue only)
- Bank statement
- Property lease agreement – current address
- Taxation assessment notice
- Australian Mortgage Documents
- Rating Authority – eg. Land Rates
- Utility Bill – electricity, gas, telephone (less than 12 months old)
- Reference from Indigenous Organisation
- Documents issued outside Australia (equivalent to Australian documents). Must have official translation attached.