Last year we consulted industry on proposed amendments to Part 101 of CASR and its MOS. These amendments aim to reduce administrative burden on your business and simplify requirements for:
- remote pilot licence (RePL) training organisations
- remotely piloted aircraft operator’s certificate (ReOC) holders.
These amendments include:
- mandatory changes for RePL training organisations
- optional changes for ReOC holders and RePL training organisations.
What RePL training organisations must do
To implement the mandatory and optional changes, you will need to:
- use our guidance material to identify the required changes to your training manual – it includes helpful tips
- update your training manual – we recommend including all amendments (mandatory and optional) into a single consolidated training manual
- complete an RPAS ReOC - significant change approval or notification of non-significant changes form
- request a document sharing link (ShareFile) by emailing the address specified in the guidance material. We will send you a secure unique link to upload your updated training manual for assessment by a CASA representative
- upload your updated training manual and significant change approval or notification of non-significant change form to the unique ShareFile link.
Important: To continue operating, you will need to implement the CASA approved mandatory changes by 18 October 2023. You may benefit from implementing the optional changes into your operations now. If you submit your updated documentation to us by 28 June 2023, we will waive the administration and processing fee.
What ReOC holders can do
ReOC holders may also benefit from implementing the optional changes into your operations now. To implement the optional changes, you can:
- visit the CASR Part 101 amendments page for more information on the changes
- update your operations manual. We recommend including all amendments into a single consolidated operations manual
- complete an RPAS ReOC - significant change approval and/or notification of non-significant changes form
- submit your updated operations manual and significant change approval or notification of non-significant change form within 21 days of making the changes. Please note that significant changes must be approved by CASA before implementing.
For more information: