Key benefits of transitioning
- International Harmonization: this can lead to stronger competitiveness (Operating under regulations that are designed to enhance aviation safety and align the Australian legislation with modern international regulatory practices. This will maintain and improve Australia’s international competitiveness in the aviation industry and improve compliance and understanding of the regulations for industry).
- Higher standards: increased flexibility & responsibility.
- If regulatory compliance is maintained the cost to industry will be reduced.
- Strategic positioning aligned to Asia-Pacific growth.
- Moving to risk-based surveillance
- Aviation Safety is enhanced through Human Factors and SMS.
- Greater clarity around the nature of 'safe standards'.
- Clearly identifying that the AOC holder has the responsibility for continuing airworthiness of aircraft and aeronautical products, parts and appliances.
- Clearly delineation of AOC responsibilities from Maintenance Provider responsibilities.
To ensure continuous improvement of the new look maintenance regulations web-pages, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please email any comments or questions to MRwebfeedback@casa.gov.au.