Go to top of page
Key benefits of the new regulations
- International Harmonisation: operating under regulations that are designed to enhance aviation safety and align the Australian legislation with modern international regulatory practices will maintain and improve Australia’s international competitiveness in the aviation industry.
- Higher standards: increased flexibility & responsibility.
- Reduction of cost to industry, if regulatory compliance is maintained.
- An instrumental role in maintaining and improving Australia’s international competitiveness in the aviation industry.
- Market growth for regulation 30 organisations deciding to become CASR Part 42, 145 or 147 organisations.
- For licensed aircraft maintenance engineer, provision of a perpetual license means lower costs.
- Implementation of competency based training for Part 66 licensing an ICAO and government standard
- Enhancement of aviation safety through human factors and Safety Management Systems.
- Greater clarity around the nature of 'safe standards'.