- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Flight test and evaluation
A variety of flight test and evaluation (FT&E) operations are carried out by the aviation industry in Australia. These range from experimental, developmental and certification flight testing of new aircraft types, or modification to older types, to the post-production testing of newly manufactured aircraft. Regular flight test activity is also done by the Australian amateur aircraft-building community.
The list below has information for individuals or organisations conducting test and evaluation operations.
- Flight testing and evaluation subject matter, definitions and references. This includes information about certification and production requirements.
- Certification flight test seminars
- CASA flight testing and evaluation contacts
Flight test guides
- Flight testing modified aircraft
- Flight testing amateur built aircraft
- Additional guides and information about certification and general flight testing.
Flight test safety
You can find information about hazard analysis, risk management and general safety information in Advisory Circular AC 21-47(0).