Resources and regulations for communication and navigation systems and air traffic management
We have regulations and aircraft equipment orders in place to support communications, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management (CNS/ATM).
Civil aviation orders (CAO) affect all pilots operating under instrument flight rules (IFR) and aircraft operating in Australia.
In December 2014, the following civil aviation orders were revised:
- CAO 20.91 - Instructions and directions for performance-based navigation.
- CAO 20.18 - Aircraft equipment - basic operational requirements for ADS and GNSS includes mandates to be met between December 2013 and February 2017.
- CAO 20.18 Aircraft equipment - basic operational requirements
- CAO 20.91 Instructions and directions for performance based navigation
CASR Subpart 91.U and Manual of Standards (MOS) – Navigation Authorisations
- CASR Subpart 91.U – Navigation Authorisations
- CASR Part 61 - Flight Crew Licensing
- Advisory Circulars
- Approved PBN databases
- CASA’s methodology for validation of Baro-VNAV Instrument approaches
- Authorisation for aircraft operating without ADS-B transmitting equipment
- CASA 80/14 - Instructions - use of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Airservices Australia’s Navigation Rationalisation Project
- CAANZ AC 91-18 Aircraft Software Configuration Management
- A range of background information can also be found on the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) website.
- PBN - Navigation authorisations and specifications - Technical assessor handbook
- PBN - Navigation authorisations and specifications - Technical assessor worksheet