- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Online RePL applications: help with system difficulties and error messages
If you experience any system difficulties while attempting to lodge a RePL application, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Refresh your internet browser.
- Check your internet connection. To do this, open another internet session and search for something on Google.
- Log out of the online portal and close your internet session. Open a new internet session and log back in to the portal.
- If you are waiting for an automated email from CASA but have not yet received it, wait five minutes and then check your junk email folder.
If these steps do not rectify the problem, please contact us on 131 757.
When you are submitting your RePL applications, make sure you spell your student’s names exactly as they are registered with CASA and record their ARNs correctly.
Instructions on how to deal with various error messages you might experience when submitting a RePL application are provided below.
- Category page error
If you select next without choosing the appropriate category and weight classes, you will receive an error message advising you to complete the Remotely Piloted Aircraft details.
To resolve this issue, make sure you select a category and weight class before you click next.
- ‘Student not found’ error
If your student does not have an ARN with CASA, or if you have mistyped their surname or ARN, you will receive an error message saying student not found.
To resolve this issue, check that you have entered your student’s surname and ARN correctly. If your student does not have an ARN, remind them they will need to obtain one before you can proceed with their application.
- RePL already exists error
If your student already has a RePL and you attempt to submit a new application, you will receive a message saying a RePL with the same category and weight class already exists for this student.
- Identification required error
If a student has not provided 100 points of identification through the ARN application process, you will receive an error message and the student will be notified by email.
Before you can proceed with the application your student will need to provide 100 points of ID through the myCASA portal.
- ‘Unable to add student’ error
This error will appear if your student has issues that need to be resolved with CASA.
If you receive this error, you will need to advise your student to contact CASA on 131 757 to discuss the matter before the application can proceed.
- ‘Please add student’ error
This error message will appear if you have not entered any student details. Enter an accurate student name and ARN to proceed with the application.
- ‘Declaration not completed’ error
You will receive this error message if you have not checked the declaration box. To resolve, check the declaration box then click proceed to payment.
Other useful information
Call us on 131 757 or contact us via our online enquiry form.