- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Flying drones commercially
Drone registration and accreditation scheme
We’re finalising plans for the scheme. No action is required at this time. Read more about the proposed changes.
If you are flying commercially, you may need to have a licence and be certified as a commercial operator, or work for a certified operator.
You only need to be licensed and certified if you want to fly outside of our Standard Operating Conditions (SOCs).
If the drone you are flying weighs under 2kg, you can fly under our ‘excluded’ category and must follow our SOCs.
- The Part 101 (Unmanned Aircraft and Rockets) Manual of Standards (MOS) 2019
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulation Part 101
- Flying over your own property
- Getting licensed and certified to fly a drone
- List of certificate holders
Still have questions? Call us on 131 757 or contact us via our online enquiry form.