- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Part 121 TWG - Australian air transport operations - large aeroplanes
The Part 121 Technical Working Group (TWG):
- met in Brisbane on 21 to 22 June 2018
- reconvened on 17 October 2018 to review the draft Part 121 Summary of Consultation (SOC)
- met on isolated occasions in late-2019 to review specific MOS topics
- will meet frequently throughout mid-2020 and provide their recommendations to the ASAP on the tranches of the 121 MOS.
The role of the TWG is to:
- review the draft CASR Part 121 and Part 121 Manual of Standards (MOS)
- evaluate whether the regulations will achieve the policy intent
- determine whether the regulations will be implementable by the aviation industry
- recommend changes to the regulations and MOS where necessary.
The Part 121 TWG also reviewed CASR Part 119 - Air operator certification, management and systems, which forms the basis of the operator certification standards for Part 133, Part 135 and Part 121 operations.
The Part 121 TWG members include:
- David Anderson
- Simon Astill
- Ronald Bartsch
- David Chitty
- Marcus Diamond
- Paul Fisher
- Rick Heaton
- Chris Hine
- Dick MacKerras
- David McCutcheon
- Rick Palmer
- Mark Rooke
- Graham Stokes.
Report and outcomes
The TWG reports are provided to the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) for review and their endorsement:
CASR Part 121 Meeting Reports
- Part 121 TWG report (pdf 332.93 KB) - outcomes and comments from the first meeting held 21 to 22 June 2018
- Final Part 121 TWG report (pdf 1.1 MB) - outcomes and comments from the final meeting held 17 October 2018.
Part 121 MOS Meeting Reports
- Part 121 MOS TWG report (Tranche 1) (pdf 706.56 KB) – outcomes and comments on Tranche 1 of the draft Part 121 MOS.
Read more information on: