- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
CAO 48.1 TWG - Fatigue rules for operators and pilots
The CAO 48.1 (fatigue rules) Technical Working Group (TWG):
- met in Sydney on 5 to 6 July 2018
- reconvened in Sydney on 31 October to 2 November 2018
- met in Melbourne on 25 to 26 February 2019
- reconvened in Sydney on 29 March 2019.
The role of the TWG is to:
- assist CASA in developing policy on the Fatigue rules that is based on the recommendations of the independent review of CAO 48.1 and subsequent industry feedback
- review policy positions put forward by CASA in response to the recommendations
- work through and resolve any outstanding policy issues that are identified through the consultation process.
The CAO 48.1 TWG members include:
- Douglas Alley
- Scott Bosman
- David Chitty
- Peter Crook
- Anthony Gibara
- Brian Greeves
- Mike Higgins
- Grenville Hudson
- Cherie Love
- Simon Lutton
- Malcolm Sharp
- Paul Tyrrell
- Ann Williamson
- Brad Wilson
Report and outcomes
The TWG reports are provided to the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) for review and their endorsement:
- First CAO 48.1 TWG report (pdf 501.64 KB) - outcomes and comments from the first meeting held 5 to 6 July 2018.
- Second CAO 48.1 TWG report (pdf 380.08 KB) - outcomes and comments from the second meeting held 31 October to 2 November 2018.
- Third CAO 48.1 TWG report (pdf 326.43 KB) - outcomes and comments from the third meeting held 25 to 26 February 2019.
- Final CAO 48.1 TWG report (pdf 331.86 KB) - outcomes and comments from the final meeting held 29 March 2019.
Read more information on fatigue management.