- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
ASAP meeting outcomes and minutes - 12 September 2019
The Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) held its eighth meeting in Melbourne.
The main outcomes from the meeting were:
- Part 43 TWG: The ASAP were presented with the Part 43 TWG report from their meeting on 19-20 August 2019. The Panel supported the TWG’s report and recommendations.
- Charter Maintenance TWG: The Panel were also presented with the draft Charter Maintenance TWG reports from their meetings on 21-23 August and 10-11 September 2019. The TWG agreed to meet for a third time to review the draft policy proposal before it is publicly consulted.
- Independent risk assessment for the passenger seat-limit in Part 135: The ASAP supported the Part 135 (Seat Limit) TWG’s report and their draft Terms of Reference for the independent risk assessment. The Panel also recommended for CASA to approach the assessor and request that the suggested scope provided by the TWG provides the information CASA requires to inform a risk-based decision. The ASAP emphasises the importance of the process being independent, transparent, robust and be without any perception of outcome bias.
- CASA Regulatory Service and Surveillance Transformation: The ASAP were briefed on CASA’s Regulatory Service and Surveillance Transformation (RSST) and discussed the impact of the project and the need for a collaborative approach between industry and CASA to communicate the transformation with the broader industry.
- Review of aviation medicine: The Panel discussed CASA’s intention of conducting a review of aviation medicine (Part 67) and would be provided a proposal to establish a TWG at the next meeting.
- Flying operations regulations: The ASAP were given an update on the remaining flight operations regulations – CASR Parts 103, 105 and 131 – advising that the regulations would be publicly consulted throughout September.
More detail is provided in the ASAP meeting minutes - 12 September 2019 (pdf 451.82 KB).
The next ASAP meeting was held on 28 November in Canberra.