- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
ASAP meeting outcomes and minutes – 28 November 2019
The Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) held its ninth meeting in Canberra.
The main outcomes from the meeting were:
- Emerging risks in the RPAS sector: The Panel discussed the issues and safety areas emerging in the future of the RPAS sector, particularly in urban air mobility which will emerge in addition to the already growing drone sector.
- Independent risk assessment for the passenger seat-limit in CASR Part 135: The ASAP were given an update on the independent risk assessment and were advised that once the final report has been provided to CASA and a decision has been made, the Panel and the Part 135 TWG will be informed as soon as practicable.
- Part 67 TWG: The ASAP agreed to establish a TWG to work through amendments to CASR Part 67 – aviation medicine.
- Flying operations regulations: The Panel were given an update on CASA’s regulatory reform and were informed on the progress of the development of the Manuals of Standards (MOS). The ASAP reaffirmed their commitment to assist CASA in the successful delivery of the regulations and endorsed the view that an implementation period of 12 months should be afforded to industry.
More detail is provided in the ASAP meeting notes - 28 November 2019 (pdf 373.51 KB).
The next ASAP meeting was held on 27 February 2020 in Brisbane.