- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
ASAP meeting outcomes and minutes – 14 March 2019
The Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) held its sixth meeting in Sydney.
The main outcomes from the meeting were:
- CASA DAS/CEO briefing: Shane Carmody, CEO and Director of Aviation Safety briefed the panel on CASA’s primary objectives and goals for 2019. The ASAP was also informed of CASA’s progress in its regulatory reform projects.
- Flight operations regulations: The panel encouraged CASA to continue to engage with industry for the implementation of the flight operations regulations through technical working groups.
- Continuing airworthiness TWG: The ASAP agreed to establish a TWG to work through ‘continuing airworthiness and maintenance regulations for aircraft engaged in charter operations’.
- Fatigue rules: In reviewing the fatigue rules TWG final report, the ASAP sought for the group to meet once again to finalise any outstanding issues. The meeting occurred on 29 March 2019.
- Future ASAP membership: The panel discussed the future composition of the ASAP and highlighted their belief on the importance of suitable sector representation.
More detail is provided in the ASAP meeting minutes - 14 March 2019 (pdf 339.29 KB).
The next ASAP meeting was held on 20 June 2019 in Brisbane.