- Publications and resources
- Corporate publications
- Information sheets, checklists and kits
- Online store
- CASA self service
- Flight Safety Australia
- Forms and templates
- Guidance materials
- Manual authoring and assessment tool
- Image gallery
- Manuals and handbooks
- Media hub
- Research and statistics
- Online services
- Temporary management instructions
- The CASA Briefing
- Videos and multimedia
- Regulatory wrap-up
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
ASAP meeting outcomes and minutes – 26 July 2018
The Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP) held its forth meeting in Sydney.
The main outcomes from the meeting were:
- Priority Safety Matters: It was agreed that the role of the ASAP, whilst there to provide advice to the DAS, also has a role to play in advocating issues for industry, and therefore members agreed that the ASAP needed to provide greater levels of visibility to industry on matters being reviewed and advised upon.
- Update on ‘two-in-the-cockpit’ PIR: The ASAP was informed that Government had determined that a regulatory approach was not required regarding ‘two in the cockpit’ procedures and that operators should apply their own risk management framework to this matter.
- GA/AWK Continuing airworthiness and maintenance requirements TWG: CASA sought advice from the ASAP regarding a proposal to develop maintenance regulations for general aviation and airwork aircraft. The ASAP determined that establishing a TWG was the most appropriate course of action to ensure industry has an opportunity to assist CASA in developing the policy.
- Part 145 – Approved Maintenance Organisations PIR: To assist CASA in conducting the post-implementation review of Part 145, a proposal to establish a TWG was proposed and supported by the ASAP.
- Flying operations regulations: A detailed update on flight operation regulation (Parts 91, 121, 133, 135, 138 & 119) development was provided by CASA to the ASAP with agreement to establish a separate Part 119 TWG to ensure all matters raised by other TWG relating to Part 119 could be appropriately examined.
More detail is provided in the ASAP meeting minutes 26 July 2018 (pdf 176.17 KB).
The next ASAP meeting was held on 22 November 2018 in Canberra.