- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page
Senate order on agency contracts
The Senate Order on Entity Contracts, also known as the Murray Motion, requires each minister to table a letter in the Senate for each reporting period, outlining compliance with the Senate Order for each entity in their portfolio. In order to support compliance with the Senate Order, each entity must develop an internet listing twice a year that identifies contracts entered into during the preceding calendar or financial year, valued at or above $100,000 (GST inclusive), along with details relating to each of those contracts. This listing is to include an assurance by the relevant accountable authority that the listed contracts do not contain any inappropriate confidentiality provisions.
Contracts formed through procurements, grants, sales of goods/services by an entity, disposals by an entity, and other financial arrangements are to be included in the internet listing.
From 1 July 2017, the Committee broadened the application of the Senate Order to include Corporate Commonwealth Entities.
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority listings are below.
Most of the contracts listed contain confidentiality provisions of a general nature that are designed to protect the confidential information of the parties that may be obtained or generated in carrying out the contract.
The reasons for including such clauses include:
- ordinary commercial prudence that requires protection of trade secrets, proprietary information and the like
- protection of other Commonwealth material and personal information.
The accountable authority of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority has assured that the listed contracts do not contain any inappropriate confidentiality provisions.
- Senate order for entity contracts 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
- Senate order for entity contracts 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018
- Senate order for entity contracts 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018
- Senate order for entity contracts 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017
- Senate order for entity contracts 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.