- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page3 April 2020
Making it easier for aerodrome operators to take advantage of new rules
To make it easier for aerodrome operators to take advantage of the new Part 139 Aerodrome rules, we are now giving you the option to apply some of the rules ahead of their originally scheduled commencement.
If you are considering updating an existing aerodrome facility or applying to register or certify a new aerodrome, the option to opt in early will be of particular benefit.
Two provisions in the new Manual of Standards (MOS) due to come into effect in August 2020 have been brought forward:
- Chapter 8 - visual aids provided by aerodrome markings, markers, signals, signs, wind direction indicators etc (all provisions)
- Chapter 9 - inset runway edge lights only.
This means from now until the commencement of the new rules, aerodrome operators may comply with either:
- the current Manual of Standards Part 139 - Aerodromes (with grandfathering of existing visual aids to apply on commencement of the new rules), or
- the new visual aids and inset runway edge light standards as described above.
Supporting you during COVID-19
The current COVID-19 situation has generated uncertainty across the aviation industry, and we understand how that may be impacting you as an aerodrome operator.
We are here to support all aerodromes with their day-to-day operations during this uncertain time and we encourage you to get in touch with your local aerodrome inspector if you need any assistance with your operations or to discuss any concerns.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org