- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page25 September 2020
Exemptions and relief measures: COVID-19
CASA is extending some of its COVID support in the light of the pandemic’s continued impact on the aviation industry:
- medical certification – extended to up to 12 months for domestic operations (previously up to six months)
- flight review and proficiency check alleviation – extended to 31 March 2021 from December 2020 but still limited to a maximum period of three months
- aerial application rating proficiency checks – simplified to apply to aeroplane and helicopter operations without a safety risk mitigation plan
- examiner proficiency checks – extended to up to six months to 31 March 2021. Also, an alternative ground-based check can be completed to extend your exemption up to 31 March 2021.
There is no change being made to cases where operators have a Safety Risk Mitigation Plan.
You can only use the exemption if you cannot do the check or review because of the pandemic.