- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page21 January 2021
Drone registration and operator accreditation deadline
All commercial drone or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) operators now have just one week to go to register their RPA and get accredited to keep flying.
Registration and operator accreditation for RPA flown for business or as part of your job – no matter how much it weighs – is required by 28 January 2021.
Registration is free and valid for 12 months. Operator accreditation is free and valid for 3 years.
Some drones don't need to be registered. This applies if:
- you don't intend to fly your drone
- you’re only flying for sport or recreation, including model aircraft flown at CASA-approved model airfields.
You do not need an operator accreditation if:
- you have remote pilot licence (RePL)
- you're only flying for sport or recreation, including model aircraft association members flying at CASA-approved model airfields.
Penalties will apply for flying an unregistered RPA or without an operator accreditation from 28 January 2021.
Don’t delay – do it today! Get accredited. Register your drone.
For more information, go to: