- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page30 September 2020
Drone registration and operator accreditation are now open
Drone registration and operator accreditation are now open for drones or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) flown for business or as part of your job – no matter how much it weighs.
Registration is free and valid for 12 months.
Some drones don’t need to be registered. This applies if:
- you don’t intend to fly your drone
- you’re only flying for sport or recreation, including model aircraft flown at CASA-approved model airfields.
Operator accreditation is free and valid for three years.
You do not need an operator accreditation if:
- you have a remote pilot licence (RePL)
- you’re only flying for sport or recreation, including model aircraft association members flying at CASA-approved model airfields.
Get accredited. Register your drone.
For more information, go to:
We recently consulted on proposed charges for other drone regulatory services, we’ve published our response online. Following consultation, we have made some minor amendments to Part 101 Manual of Standards (Miscellaneous Amendments) Instrument. We have also issued a new Direction for drone operators.