- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page27 August 2020
Comment on proposed fees for drone services
- open on 30 September 2020
- be required by 28 January 2021.
We’ve published details of the proposed charges, including:
- an initial fee-free registration period
- introduction of a simplified fee structure for other regulatory services – providing greater certainty for our operators.
To have your say on the proposed charges:
- visit the CASA Consultation Hub
- submissions close on 13 September 2020.
This consultation does not include:
- drones or model aircraft that are flown for fun (sport or recreation)
- model aircraft being flown at CASA-approved model airfields
- the registration and accreditation laws (or the standard operating conditions).
In July 2019, the Australian Government passed legislation to introduce mandatory registration and accreditation requirements. This is in addition to existing certification, licensing, flight authorisations and record keeping requirements.
For more information, go to Drone registration.