- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page29 July 2020
Aviation Safety Advisory Panel
Changes have been made to the membership of the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP).
CASA's CEO and Director of Aviation Safety, Shane Carmody said changes to the Panel are made to ensure the membership includes wide-ranging expertise that aligns with current areas of focus.
"I would like to thank Jim Davis and Michael Monck for their contribution. As inaugural members, they have been integral in the success of the Panel." Mr Carmody said.
"Since the introduction of new consultative arrangements with the formation of the Panel on 1 July 2017, the Panel and its Technical Working Groups have assisted CASA with developing and reviewing various regulations ranging from flight operations, airworthiness and maintenance, fatigue rules and flight crew licensing."
Two new members will join the ASAP at the 3 September meeting, bringing a wealth of experience in the regional aviation and recreational aviation sectors.
The new ASAP members are:
- Mr Mark Awad – Chief Executive Officer, Australian Warbirds Association Ltd (Recreational sector)
- Mr Malcolm Sharp – Managing Director, Sharp Airlines (Regional aviation sector)
Professor Patrick Murray has been invited to continue as the independent Chair of the ASAP for another year.
"I thank Patrick Murray for his significant work as the Chair of the ASAP and look forward to continuing to receive his counsel on behalf of the Panel to ensure CASA supports a safe aviation system." Mr Carmody said.
Ms Christine Dacey – Deputy Secretary, Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications will also be joining the Panel as an observer.
Those members remaining on the ASAP are:
- Ms Adrianne Fleming – Founder and Operations Manager, Tristar Aviation (Flight training sector)
- Mr John Gissing – Group Executive Associated Airlines & Services, Qantas RPT sector)
- Dr Reece Clothier – President Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) and Global Airspace Integration Senior Manager Boeing NeXt (RPAS sector)
- Mr Stuart Aggs – Chief Operations Officer, Virgin Australia Airlines (RPT sector)
- Mr Mark Thompson – Technical Training Manager, Aviation Australia (Maintenance and engineering sector)
- Mr Ray Cronin – Founder and Managing Director of Kestrel, Chief Flying Instructor (Helicopter), current President of the Australian Helicopter Industry Association (AHIA) (Rotary sector)
- Mr Graeme Crawford - Group Executive Manager – Aviation / CASA
- Mr Rob Walker - Executive Manager Stakeholder Engagement Division / CASA