- Publications and resources
- Rules and regulations
- Safety management
- Licences and certification
- About us
Go to top of page12 February 2020
Aviation Safety Advisory Panel
Changes have been made to the membership of the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel (ASAP).
CASA’s CEO and Director of Aviation Safety, Shane Carmody said he has added to the membership of the panel to expand the expertise of the membership and align it with current areas of focus.
“It is important to ensure that the ASAP has a broad sector representation with a variety of experience and expertise from within the industry in order to consider aviation safety related matters and provide me with objective advice.” Mr Carmody said.
“Since the Aviation Safety Advisory Panel was formed in 2017, the Panel has assisted CASA with developing and reviewing various regulations through its Technical Working Groups (TWGs).”
Two new members will join the ASAP at the 27 February meeting, bringing a wealth of experience in air transport operations, and maintenance and engineering.
The new ASAP members are:
- Mr Stuart Aggs – Chief Operations Officer, Virgin Australia Group (RPT sector)
- Mr Mark Thompson – Technical Training Manager, Aviation Australia (Maintenance and engineering sector)
Mr Aggs and Mr Thompson will be joining the current ASAP members:
- Prof. Pat Murray – Chair
- Ms Adrianne Fleming – Founder and Operations Manager, Tristar Aviation (GA – Flight training)
- Mr John Gissing – Group Executive Associated Airlines & Services, Qantas (RPT sector)
- Dr Reece Clothier – President Australian Association for Unmanned Systems (AAUS) and Global Airspace Integration Senior Manager Boeing NeXt (RPAS sector)
- Mr Jim Davis – Chairman, RAAA (Regional Aviation sector)
- Mr Michael Monck - President, RAAus (GA - Recreational)
- Mr Ray Cronin – Founder and Managing Director of Kestrel, Chief Flying Instructor (Helicopter), current President of the Australian Helicopter Industry Association (AHIA)
- Mr Graeme Crawford - Group Executive Manager – Aviation / CASA
- Mr Rob Walker - Executive Manager Stakeholder Engagement Division / CASA